My Holiday has begun!

Sigh. I keep telling myself I'm going to update my blog more. I finally started my "Holiday Sweater", aka The Fireside Sweater, and was going to post all about my progress, but....life got in the way, as usual. It's tough to take the photos, put them on the computer and find the energy to write about it.

Anyway, I ordered up my yarn - Knitpicks Gloss HW in Cream. I had this yarn in mind when I decided I wanted to make this sweater, but it was a bit pricey....and then it was on sale in March for 35% off....sweet! I ordered the pattern, and while I was waiting for the yarn to show up, studied the pattern like crazy, browsing Ravelry for all the finished projects....and determined that I like how the Small looked the best, but....how to make it look this way in Large/X-Large? Not to mention the pattern doesn't provide an option for X-Large. Basically, there is more space between all the cables in the Large size, which I think takes away from the beauty of the sweater. I want it to look "cabley". Is that a word?

So, I finally got my yarn and did a swatch, crunched some numbers, and re-worked the design to make it work for me. So hopefully at the end of all this I will have a sweater that looks the way I envisioned and fits me PERFECTLY. I can't wait.

Here's the Right Front piece:

It took me about two weeks to finish this, and then a little less than two weeks to do the Left Front. I'm now working on the Back, which I estimated to take me three weeks. However, I just took a week off for some baby gift knitting, so I figure I have two more weeks to finish the back. Then the sleeves will probably take a week each, and then blocking and seaming it all together will take another week. So I should be done with this around the end of June.

Perfect. Who wouldn't want a warm wool sweater just in time for summer?

Comments