A little hiatus

Whoa, it's been a while since I last posted. I had a little computer issue - my old laptop was quite old and I literally ran out of room to save all my photos, and it was so bad that I actually stopped taking pictures. So sad. I really miss my camera. However, I finally gave in and splurged on a nice, new, fancy laptop. And now I can finally start taking pictures again.

My knitting, of course, continued as usual and I have some finished objects to post.

Robin Hood Sweater, by Zoe Mellor

I used Lion Brand Wool Ease in Dark Rose Heather. Audrey picked out the buttons herself. I thought I made this longer than the pattern suggested, because the largest size was for a 3-4 yr old, but it still looks like it won't fit her very much longer. At least I have a niece who will get a pretty nice hand-me-down.
And, I know I made a promise not to buy any more yarn this year, but that is pretty much impossible. When Audrey and I were at the fabric store looking for buttons, I happened to find some great yarn on the clearance table. And so I made this:



The yarn is Cascade Venezia, a bulky weight yarn that is 70% Merino, 30% Silk. I've already written up the pattern, but I can't publish it. The problem? I discovered that this yarn is now discontinued, hence the clearnace table. And since it's really not a good idea to publish a pattern with discontinued yarn, I'm on a mission to find a substitute. And so guess what that means? I ordered more yarn. I'm such a failure.

Anyway, I'm going to try this with Valley Yarns Berkshire Bulky, which is a single-ply yarn, so we'll see how it turns out. Stay tuned! (And if anyone has suggestions for a Bulky yarn I should try, leave a comment!)

And for anyone who wants to try this with the Venezia, I discovered that WEBS still has some of this yarn on clearance, and for a much better price than I paid at my local store. So of course, I bought some more. Yup. But I have a good excuse. One of my coworkers saw my scarf and asked me to make one for her, so I did. I mean, who would turn down an opportunity to buy more yarn?

Comments