June 6, 2011

Cozy Camera

All finished! My camera is now all dressed up in a cute and cozy strap "sweater". It's so much more comfortable to have the camera around my neck now. It's almost like wearing a cozy scarf with a camera attached to it.


This is so easy to make, so I'm offering up this pattern for free:

I used two balls of Red Heart "Heart and Sole" in Razzle Dazzle with two strands held together.

Using size 3 needles, cast on 26 stitches and join in the round. I used magic loop, but you can use DPN's if you like that better.

K1, P1 for about eight rounds, or until you have 1 inch of ribbing.

Switch to size 6 needles and knit straight for 25 inches more (total 26 inches).

Switch to size 3 needles and K1, P1 the same number of rounds you did in the beginning.

Bind off!

Finished Length: 27 inches
Finished Width (diameter): 4 1/3 inches around

You can substitute any yarn you like. My gauge for this project was 6 st/inch. Note: this was for a Canon Rebel - I don't know if all camera brands have the same dimensions. Double check your measurements to be sure.

2 comments:

  1. OMG sooooo cute! I wish I could make one. :) Knitting is on my list this year.... I think that may have to be one of my first projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it attached to something on the ends or does it stay in place on its own?

    ReplyDelete